SOCIAL media giant WhatsApp was experiencing problems on Tuesday, October 25, 2022.
Users reported the social media app was not working in the UK and US.
Is WhatsApp down?
At around 3am in NY / 8am in London on Tuesday, October 25, 2022, thousands of users complained WhatsApp was not working.
Some users reported the app was down and some said they had issues sending and receiving messages.
Users reported issues with the social networking apps on the rival website Twitter and DownDetector.
Around 67% percent of users reported being unable to send messages, and 28% had problems with server connection.
It's not immediately clear what caused the issue.
WhatsApp has not as of the time of this article being published responded to the reports of the outage.
How can I check if WhatsApp is down?
Those who may be experiencing difficulties with WhatsApp can check other social media apps, such as rival Twitter, for reports.
If you don't have a Twitter account Down Detector will tell users when the apps are down or experiencing difficulties.
more on WHATSAPP NEWs
What to know about the meaning of the clock on WhatsApp
WhatsApp 'down' as users report mysterious outage
WhatsApp leak reveals five features 'coming soon' – including new type of text
Three amazing WhatsApp tricks you need to know – including ‘secret message mode’
If it appears the problem may not be widespread, try checking the internet connection on your device or exiting the app before logging back in.
When else has WhatsApp been down?
WhatsApp first arrived on our screens in February 2009 and as of2021 it has two billion monthly active users.
Facebook and Instagram commonly experience small individual outages, but it's rare for the apps to all go down at once.
They run on a shared infrastructure meaning other services run by Facebook will experience server issues, including the Oculus website and Facebook Workplace.
Here's when WhatsApp outages have been reported:
- March 2019 – Facebook, Instagram, and WhatsApp all went down in what was described at the times as "its worst outage ever". The issue was put down to a server configuration change..
- July 3, 2019 – Users reported issues on Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp, with the latter experiencing difficulties with receiving messages. A FB spokesperson said a “routine maintenance operation” accidentally triggered a bug.
- March 19, 2021 – Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp reported issues
- October 4, 2021 – Facebook's biggest-ever outage takes other apps, such as WhatsApp, offline for seven hours. The crash came after a "bungled server update".
- October 5, 2021 – DownDetector records thousands of users again reporting issues with Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp.
- December 14, 2021 – iPhone users reported issues with WhatsApp.
We pay for your stories!
Do you have a story for The US Sun team?
Email us at [email protected] or call 212 416 4552.
Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheSunUS and follow us from our main Twitter account at @TheSunUS
Source: Read Full Article