- Entrepreneurship doesn't come with a rule book, but successful founders and investors have a wealth of experience to serve as a guide.
- If you're planning to start your first business in 2020, these guides will help you make a plan, launch a startup, raise capital, and dominate the market.
- They include tips from successful founders like Cate Luzio of Luminary and Liz Wessel of WayUp, and seasoned VCs like Patrick McGinnis of Dirigo Advisors.
2020 could be the year you pursue your dreams.
Below is a list of guides to help first-time founders through every stage of building a startup, featuring advice from successful founders and investors.
- Deciding to become an entrepreneur: The ultimate guide to figuring out how (and if) you should start your own company
- Writing a strategic framework: The bootstrapper's ultimate guide to writing a winning business plan
- Crafting your startup's story: The first-time founder's ultimate guide to building a winning pitch deck
- Persuading VCs to back you: The first-time founder's ultimate guide to pitching a VC
- Nailing the investor meeting: Top VCs reveal what they want to hear in a startup pitch — and what you should avoid saying
- Proving the integrity of your pitch: The VC's ultimate guide to sniffing out risky healthcare startups — and not getting tricked into backing them
- Closing the deal: The first-time founder's ultimate guide to navigating a term sheet and avoiding common pitfalls, according to founders, lawyers, and investors
- Building your first team: The ultimate guide to hiring the first 5 employees at your startup and making sure they're stars, from founders and investors who have done it
- Winning over new hires with equity: The first-time founder's ultimate guide to understanding stock options
- Transitioning to leadership: The ultimate guide to becoming a better boss in 30 days
- Making difficult staffing decisions: The startup founder's guide to letting people go efficiently and compassionately
- Growing your business: Founders and investors reveal the ultimate guide to scaling a startup — and common pitfalls to avoid
- Selling your startup: The ultimate guide to selling your startup for a boatload of cash, from founders who sold their startups for billions
- Avoiding startup death: The most common ways startups die and how to avoid them, from founders and investors who have failed
Source: Read Full Article