YOU can now search for content on Instagram using just keywords.
This means you can easily find photos that have a certain word in the caption without them needing to have that specific word as a hashtag.
The new feature is thanks to a recent Instagram update.
According to The Verge, the keyword tool will be able for English-speaking users in six countries.
These countries include the UK, US, Ireland, and Canada.
Before this update, you could only search for hashtags, account names or locations.
The feature started rolling out from November 17 so you may need to update your Instagram app to use it.
Instagram will be taking into account a number of factors when it chooses what posts to show you based on your keyword.
These will include the caption, the type of content and the date it was posted.
Machine learning will also be used to workout what content is relevant to you.
For now, only certain popular words will be searchable and they will fall within Instagram’s community guidelines.
Words like "puppies", "fashion style", "pasta" and "cakes" are searchable but "Trump" and "Biden" are not.
Instagram – the key facts
Here’s what you need to know…
- Instagram is a social network for sharing photos and videos
- It was created back in October 2010 as an iPhone-exclusive app
- A separate version for Android devices was released 18 months later
- The app rose to popularity thanks to its filters system, which lets you quickly edit your photos with cool effects
- When it first launched, users could only post square 1:1 ratio images, but that rule was changed in 2015
- In 2012, Facebook bought Instagram for $1billion in cash and stock
- In 2018, some analysts believe the app is worth closer to $100billion
- In October 2015, Instagram confirmed that more than 40billion photos had been uploaded to the app
- And in 2018, Instagram revealed that more than a billion people were using the app every month
In other news, TikTok announced it will be expanding the Family Pairing feature, which has a selection of tools that can filter your kid's content.
Google Maps has just got a huge update with a few interesting features.
And, Twitter has a new feature called 'Fleets' that act just like Instagram Stories.
Are you a big Instagram fan? Let us know in the comments…
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science team? Email us at [email protected]
Source: Read Full Article