This article is brought to you by the Personal Finance Insider team. It has not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by any of the issuers listed. Some of the offers you see on the page are from our partners like Citi and American Express, but our coverage is always independent. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page.
The best Marriott Bonvoy credit cards in 2020:
- Best for occasional Marriott guests: Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card
- Best for luxury benefits: Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card
- Best for elite status: The Platinum Card® from American Express
- If you want multiple options for redeeming your points: Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve®
- Best for small-business travelers: Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card
- No annual fee: Marriott Bonvoy Bold™ Credit Card
Marriott is the largest hotel company in the world, with more than 7,000 properties around the world. Thanks to its merger with Starwood a few years back, it's now easier than ever to find a hotel where you can redeem Marriott points, no matter where you're traveling.
If Marriott Bonvoy is your hotel program of choice, it could make sense to have a co-branded Marriott card to enjoy perks like bonus points, complimentary elite status, free reward nights, and more. Here's a guide to all the Marriott credit cards available now, so you can find the best one for you no matter how often you travel.
The best credit cards for Marriott stays
If you think a rewards credit card with Marriott benefits might make sense given your travel plans, you'll want to find the option that best suits your needs. There are Marriott co-branded cards at various price points, from a no-annual-fee option to a $450-a-year premium card with annual statement credits.
Here's an in-depth look at the Marriott credit cards that are currently available to new applicants.
Best for occasional Marriott guests:
Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card
15.99% – 22.99% Variable
Good to Excellent
- Earn 30,000 Bonus Points after you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
- No Annual Fee!
- Earn 3X Bonvoy points per $1 spent at over 7,000 hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy™.
- 2X Bonvoy points for every $1 spent on other travel purchases (from airfare to taxis and trains).
- 1X point for every $1 spent on all other purchases.
- Receive 15 Elite Night Credits annually, qualifying you for Silver Elite Status. Restrictions apply.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Earn unlimited Marriott Bonvoy points and get Free Night Stays faster.
- No annual fee
- Cardholders get 15 elite night credits toward status
- Only offers strong rewards for Marriott purchases
The Marriott Bonvoy Bold™ Credit Card has a fairly short list of benefits, but if you want to earn Marriott points without paying an annual fee, it's a solid option. The welcome bonus is 30,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
Source: Read Full Article